Our Vision and Mission
Lexington TK-8 Elementary School Counseling Department vision is that ALL students will achieve academic success, social emotional growth, and obtain college and career readiness. All students will have access to high quality comprehensive school counseling program that will prepare students with skills to thrive in the 21st century.
The Mission of Lexington TK- 8 Elementary School Counseling Department is to implement a data driven comprehensive school counseling program that address academic, social- emotional, and college/ career development to all students. The counseling program supports ALL students in becoming lifelong learners, developing the proper skills, and reaching their full potential to excel in their educational journey. The school counselor seeks opportunities to empower, advocate and cultivate a positive school climate which will provide equity for all students. This is achieved through implementation of classroom lessons, school wide activities, group instruction, and individual counseling. In addition, the school counseling department applies a collaborative framework which includes teachers, school staff, parents, and community agencies to support the overall needs and growth of the student.
- All students should have a sense of belonging to a safe, positive, and supportive learning environment
- All students should have the ability to advocate for themselves, and solve problems in a positive manner.
- All students should have the opportunity to develop academic, social emotional, and college/ career abilities to thrive in the 21st century
- All students should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program that is data-driven by professional school counselors to meet the needs of every student.
- Education and academic progress is a responsibility shared by students, parents, staff, and community and is based on an atmosphere of mutual respect and collaboration
- The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the School Counseling Program and School Counselor.